- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or apricots
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Place the quinoa in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until toasted, about 2 minutes. Add 1 and 3/4 cups water (or use low-sodium chicken broth) and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the liquid is absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, toast the flax seeds in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the grapeseed oil and garlic to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer the garlic to the plate, reserving the oil.
Fluff the quinoa with a fork. Add the flax seeds, garlic, reserved oil, parsley, dried fruit and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss.