Getting enough restful sleep each night is required to maintain optimum testosterone production, preventing cortisol levels from rising too high and supporting efficient burning of food as fuel. Plus our bodies need the rest to support its functioning and adequate sleep is needed so our minds can work at their best.
Here are some tips for getting not only more sleep each night, but better sleep each night.
- Try to be in bed by 10 p.m.
- Unplug from the digital world – limit use of computers and television shortly before bed as they increase stress levels
- Get right nutritionally – limit sugars, white flour and caffeine, incorporate more lean proteins and complex carbohydrates into your diet
- Decrease sources of stress – personal relationships, at work, other situations
- Exercise in the morning so you have energy for the day, but by nighttime your body and mind are tired, so you can sleep better. Exercise also helps reduce stress, but be careful not to overdo it as pushing your body too hard can lead to adrenal fatigue.